Freedom Festival – Balloon Fest

This year for the 4th of July, I wanted to do something different! And thank you Jenn for such a great idea! I took 3 of our boys to the Balloon fest! Unfortunately for them, they had to roll out of bed at 4:30 am. lol.  But we made it!  When we got there, all the people were gathered in this huge circle, and you could see some balloon baskets sitting in the middle. So we set up our chairs between the people and a ton of trucks. After the first balloon started going up to kick off the event, all of the trucks drove away and we were surrounded by balloons being rolled out! Woo Hoo! We sat in the right spot after all! We were completely surrounded while they were going up. Taylor kept yelling how awesome it was.   :)

I’m taking this photo while standing in between some more balloons. I was wishing I would have brought my fish eye lens…

I think my favorite part was when they blew up the Coke Bottle balloon.  It was the tallest one there and we were sitting close enough to touch it. While Trevor and Mason were watching the captains joust in the air, I took Taylor to see the inside of the Coke Balloon…

I’m linking up with Alicia, Kristi and Rebecca for their Summer Daze Photo party! To join, just click this button:

Comments

1. Audrey says:

Looks like a wonderful time! Beautiful sunrise with the balloons. Im glad you were in the perfect spot!

2. alicia says:

GORGEOUS shots! Really love that that second one and the collages are so much fun! Thanks so much for linking to our Summer Daze Party!

3. Gina says:

WOW – what an AWESOME event with so many gorgeous photos!!!!!! Great job- I bet you could hardly wait to get home to get those posted!

4. Holly says:

Your photos are amazing! I was looking through your post and my 3 year old son comes over to look at the computer. He says “balloon, balloon, balloon”. I had to slowly go through each picture so he could enjoy them. Thanks so much for sharing, you made his day.

5. Leslie Estes says:

I love these pictures!!! I love hot air balloons and I would be in picture heaven if I were there. The sunrise with the balloon is my favorite!

6. Mona says:

Simply amazing ♥ ♥ ♥

7. Satakieli says:

Oh these are gorgeous! Love all the colours and that stunning collage!

Thanks for linking up with Summer Daze :)

8. Honey Mommy says:

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for stopping by to comment on my pictures so I could come see yours! Obviously you are faster at blogging than I am!

I love your closeup from the bottom of the Coke balloon! Very nice. This is our third year, and we will definitely be back next year. Luckily we don’t have to get up quite so early though!

• Dawn says:

Oh I wish we didn’t have to get up so early! It’s because of the construction. The 15-20 minute drive took almost an hour. =( Next year should be much better! lol

9. Dawn, these are awesome! I’ve yet to make it out to a hot air balloon festival, but I’m dying to go to one. Thanks so much for sharing these. :)

Thanks for joining us in the Summer Daze Fun Photo Party! Can’t wait to see more from you. Have a great day!

10. Bailey K. says:

This is so cool! I’ve been on a hot air balloon ride before, but never to a balloon festival. I would LOVE to go. Someday! :)

I’m starting a new link party on my blog that is exclusively for traveling and experiencing different places. If you could hop on over and link this post or any other ‘traveling’ post, I would be so grateful! Thanks so much!