Poetic Winter – Passion

This weeks prompt had so many possibilities! But I decided to simply share some of my passions in life.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I always have a camera with me.  No matter what! It drives my family crazy, but I can’t help it. It’s who I am.

This little beauty belonged to my father in-law. I was sooooo excited when he asked me if I wanted it!  And I finally found someone who could work on them and had it cleaned up inside. But it still needs a part to get it working again. Hopefully someday soon!

I LOVE taking photos of my family! Unfortunately, this is what I normally see when our older boys see my camera’s out!  At least Taylor still loves to have his picture taken!

After the boys have all gone to bed, I love to curl up with a good book! On my Nook, I read at least 2 books a week. Trying to find books for my boys to read, I’ve discovered that I love young adult/teen fantasy books.  To be taken away to a place where the impossible happens helps me unwind at the end of a crazy day.  It’s not the only thing I read. I read quite a wide variety of books. But it is what I’ve been reading the most of the last couple of years.  =)

To join in, just click this button to link up!

Poetic Winter Photography Challenge

Comments

1. May says:

That camera looks amazing!
    Oh, those eyes. Wow! It must be hard to say no looking into those eyes! 5 more minutes, one last drink of water, another cookie?! I would be a sucker!

2. Audrey says:

Great Post! I love that camera, so vintage and neat! It is true you always have a camera with you lol and that your older boys hide.:) Thanks for suggesting some of your favorite books to me, I’ve enjoyed them a lot!

• Dawn says:

Awe thanks! You know I love finding books for you that you will read! I actually just finished one! I’ll text ya after Masons game. =)

3. Tish says:

It is so special that your father-in-law gave you his camera! What a gem! Your photos are lovely!! I can’t get enough of Taylor’s eyes!! They are so big and bright!

4. Satakieli says:

Beautiful photos, I think we have that same camera too… except mine needs to be repaired.

Thanks for taking part in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge!

5. alicia says:

I understand having a camera handy- always. lol. I have tried to lighten up in the last year, but it is definitely something that is a part of me too. I really LOVE these photos in the b&w. They are beautiful! So glad you are participating in our photo challenge!

6. Haha! My older kids do the same thing when I pull out the camera. And like you, I always have my camera in tow. Well, two cameras. You know, just in case. ;) lol Love your Minolta. I have one too, but I need to get it serviced and cleaned. Must look into that soon. Love the shot of Taylor. His eyes are amazing.

Thanks so much for joining us in the Poetic Winter Photo Challenge. We’re moving on to our final theme on Friday, Calm. Hope you’ll stop by and join us again. Have a great day!